Thursday, February 1, 2007

thoughts on DDR

We need to consider the beats per minute (I think listed as rpm) and song speed for the songs we use in the experiment. I ran through some random songs and speed is something I think we need to control for. There are some songs that maintain the same beat but there's a couple (I found at least one) which slows down and speeds up again. We may want to avoid this (these) songs.

Also, we might want to consider the number of correct 'steps' in proportion to the number of total steps for each song. I noticed some songs had a lot more steps, even when ranked the same difficulty, but didn't pay attention to the corresponding RPM's of them. Something to look into.

Will do more work regarding this project on Friday; also hopefully finish up the research on the mathematical psych/serial positioning articles.

~Shanna

No comments: